Can I just thank you formally for your sterling efforts on our behalf. Not only did you have to put up with interminable delays, but you pulled the deal back from the brink! May I compliment you both on your total professionalism.Paddy Downton
The work was carried out in a sympathetic, friendly manner and with the highest degree of professional integrity.Phil Hollins
Pickerings have stayed with us every step of the way through a difficult and, at times, an emotionally draining, settlement agreement process, lasting several weeks. Their calm and timely approach has enabled us to make good progress and finally to bring about an appropriate settlement.Ken Down
With many years’ experience in the Property Sector Kate has developed a wealth of knowledge acting for a variety of different clients, who value her thoroughness and approachable nature.
Kate’s established and long-standing client base includes Property Owners, Pension Companies, Developers, Charities, Community Interest Companies, Lending Institutions, Landlord and Tenant and Franchisees.
Kate is able to progress complex transactions whilst taking into account both the nature of the transaction with the criteria and expectation of the client.
Kate has experience in the following areas:
- General real estate including the sale and purchase of both commercial, agricultural and equestrian sites for different business entities.
- Landlord and Tenant work including lease negotiations, options to purchase, rent deposits, licence for alterations and agreements for leases.
- Development works including site acquisition and set up. Options, overage, conditional contracts and warranties.
- Charity work including the disposal , acquisition and other dispositions of property for charities, securing grants.
- Supporting the litigation team in relation to contentious property matters.
Kate works within an experienced Commercial Property team the head of which is Sue Albini. The team pride themselves on being able to provide a high quality service whilst maintaining the client care which we as a firm pride ourselves on maintaining.
Kate is a keen runner having run a number of marathons, half marathons and taken part in other charitable events.
She is recommended in The Legal 500 2018/19 as a 'name of note'.