Can I get Legal Aid?

If you are the parent of a child who is subject to care proceedings, you have the right to your own solicitor and will qualify for Legal Aid.

You will also qualify if you have parental responsibility (with a residence order) for a child who is subject to care proceedings.

In the cases you qualify for Legal Aid if care proceedings have been issued, but also prior to that if you are required to be involved in a process called a  Public Law Outline (PLO).

Our team has a wealth of experience in dealing with cases involving Local Authority intervention.

We offer Legal Aid and represent parents at pre-proceedings PLO meetings and in any court proceedings issued following this process.

We understand how stressful it can be if children’s services become involved with your family and the importance of seeking advice as early as possible.

Our team represents parents, children and their Guardians,extended family members and also have experience of representing the Local Authority in court.

We have solicitors who specialise in care proceedings work; Graham Pegg, Richard Westley, Rachel Burchell and Jo Craddock.

Richard Westley, Rachel Burchell, Jo Craddock  and Graham Pegg are also members of the Law Society Children Panel.

If you are unsure as to whether you qualify for Legal Aid, we will be happy to advise you.

We also act on a private basis.

Contact Richard Westley on 01827 317070 for advice or